Sunday, November 9, 2008

K's christening

I love working with clients that I've photographed before, it's so amazing to see how their families grow and change! I photographed this family for their maternity and newborn shots and now it's time for some christening and family shots.
Little K has grown up so much, but still has the great, happy personality that I remember him having as a newborn, very laid back. And more surprisingly....still has tons of hair!!! It seems that most babies lose it all in a couple of months, but this little guy still has it, tons of thick luxurious hair. So much so that he had to already get his first haricut, at just 4 1/2 months!!! It makes him look like such a little man!
The happy family:

Can you believe this guy, mugging it up for the camera like this...eye contact with me and everything. I'm keeping this little guy....haven't told his parents yet, but I need to hold on to little natural models like this one. :)

Love this one, I can picture him in 80 years sitting in the same spot, such a little man on a park bench!

K in his gorgeous heirloom christening gown.





The cousins and extended family were equally gorgeous, look at this guy!

Some cousin love....it's gotta make you smile.
And if you could see this from the kids' perspective, it would be hilarious.....all of the adults and me behind my lens trying to get their attention by being silly, laughing, calling out with crazy voices, holding dogs above the photogs head....anything for the price of a great photo of the kids!!!
I think there are pictures out there of the other side....send them to me and I'll post them! :)

K's cousins, beautiful pair.

See what I mean....gorgeous subjects for me! And the clothing choices were perfect for the whole group. Just lovely.
K's other aunt and uncle, they were so kind to me, putting up with the poses that I suggested, with everyone looking on. Poise under pressure.
And I love the orange scarf, great choice.




These two were great, she seemed so sweet with him, seemed to want to give him a smooch between shots.

So I asked her to do it once for the camera. :)

I loved the senses of humor in this family, the dry wit and lust for life, what fun it must be to be a part of this family.
And it was neat for me, after having photographed K and his parents a couple of times, to see extended family and the resemblances....where they got those eyes, that smile. It was great fun for me.

14 comments:

Brandy Cunningham said...

These are wonderful! You did a great job capturing each family. ++

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful family! I love, love, love the group photo! I can't believe you got eye contact and smiles all around! Love their clothing colors. Great job!

Heidi said...

Wow, each individual family's shot is great, but that huge group?! Amazing!! I really love the first two... beautiful work. A++

Brianne said...

These are wonderful! Looks like a special day!

Rebecca said...

These are great! You did a wonderful job! The little guy on the bench takes the cake though, too cute!

misty said...

I love the one with baby flying in the air! What a great smile and eye contact from such a little man! Great shots!++

Anonymous said...

You really captured this family beautifully! All of the images are great.

Anonymous said...

what a great variety and gorgeous subjects here! Love the little one looking at tahe camera from the air, awesome capture!

Heather said...

What a beautiful family! Great job with all the photos and organizing everyone!

Anonymous said...

What fun to see this family again! I loved the newborn shots, and these are really great too. What a neat family! I love the one of the cousins holding the baby!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a fabulous session! Lucky you to get to shoot such a beautiful family! That little guy is precious! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Goodness gracious! These are all so wonderful! The color, the clarity, the captures....everything is just wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Love the flying baby shot. And all the family photos. :) What an expressive little guy. I love the big smile you got in the photo of him and mom.

Anonymous said...

Such wonderful photos and a beautiful family! I'm sure they will cherish the memories with these gorgeous images!