Thursday, November 20, 2008

Big happy family

I had the opportunity to photograph a very fun family this weekend, with five kids. Reminded me a little of my own family as I was growing up, except we had four girls and one boy, the opposite of what they have. I love a big busy family.
Ok, is it wrong that I can't stop smiling at this shot? Poor baby had had enough. But it's the reality of family life...it doesn't look perfect, but it's perfect for you.
These are my favorite kinds of shots, unposed and fun.



Sweet M is so gorgeous, and known for her 100 kilowatt smile, but I think she's just captivating without it too. Beautiful.

Talk about personality, this cutie had it in spades.
I figured out the trick here...to get a great, natural smile from this guy....just ask him if the chicken sounds I heard in the distance were really coming from his mom. :)
Sweet guy, you can't tell where his allegiance in college sports lies, can you?
The baby, sweet baby P, was everyone's love. And I amazed at how happy he was in general, he would fall down and hop back up, chipper as ever.
The kids loved this idea. "When I say jump....JUMP!"

Thanks E family, it was so fun!








5 comments:

Anonymous said...

SUPER CUTE!!! I love the photo of the kids' faces all lined up, complete with crying baby. That's great. And the b&w family photo is great. And the winking one. Gosh, they are all so great. You captured some wonderful moments!

Anonymous said...

I've been waiting to see these! They turned out great. I love the one of the kid's faces. But I think my favorite is the serious one of Mary. It was just stunning. And I like the first family picture. Great pics!

Anonymous said...

How COOL is that second shot!!! What a creative image.

Kim Griffith said...

These look so fun I love the last one! Great Job!

Unknown said...

Wow you are great with groups! That is one area where I need improvement. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the front and center one. LOL! ++ Great work!

Jodie