Thursday, November 13, 2008

Beautiful boys!!!!

When I was first contacted about this shoot I was so excited! The idea of 3 boys so close in age (two are fraternal twins and are 5 yrs old, and the third boy is 4 yrs old), and probably very close in size was really interesting to me! The possibilities and the visual impact of the three of them together...I was really looking forward to it!
And they certainly didn't disappoint. When they piled out of the car, they just could not be more cute! Their mom, who is gorgeous herself, by the way, had dressed them so beautifully, and they seemed so polite and sweet.
There were a couple of challenges on this shoot though, neither of which had anything to do with shooting three little boys. It pretty much rained really hard most of the day, and we were able to do most of the shoot under cover, but every once in a while the rain would let up and we would sneak out to try and get a few shots in a different location. Well, the clouds just laughed at us trying that and got us plenty. Those poor boys ended up with wet hair at the end, but the boys and their mom were all marvelous sports about the whole thing.
The other challenge was my own problem. My back had been very much out that week (barely able to walk) and I was still recovering at this point. I felt so stiff and was worried that I wouldn't be able to keep up with these three little guys, but I did all right, considering.
I love this one, they all look so cute, and obviously love mom so much. And...psst...if you look closely you can tell that it was raining at this moment exactly, I was standing in it.....and on the windowsill that they're sitting on you can see some of the raindrops. :)

Such handsome guys. I only got to know them a little, but I like how this shot seems to show their various personalities.





Had to have some playtime at the end. I played with the processing a bit on these last two, but I'll present the normal processing as well in the gallery, just in case.
Thanks so much, M! I had a fantastic time with you and your little men!

8 comments:

Danielle said...

What a wonderful set of images! I love the one of the three of them, all close together. So sweet. You did a great job! A++

Anonymous said...

So fun, just as I would imagine life with 3 boys must be. Love the last shot, would have to have it huge on my wall, A++!

Anonymous said...

You captured some great shots of these boys! I love the last one, with mom - very cute! And the individual pictures of the boys turned out quite well!

Kim Griffith said...

Great job on these, I love #3 and the last one is a great shot!

Anonymous said...

I love the last couple photos, the "play time" shots. So fun! And I like #4. Cute faces! And the individual photos are great. I love what you captured in the real close-up (#6) Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

wow I can't believe they're all so similar! Very cute. Love the last shot with mum.

Anonymous said...

These are SO FUN!! I LOVE the last two!! You gotta love their personalities at this age!

Anonymous said...

These are great Jen! So much fun energy in these boys! Love the full-face close-ups!