Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Scott + Denise

Now, I've been asked before, so I must add a disclaimer to this post...I don't shoot weddings, it's just too time-consuming for me right now. But for my siblings, yes!!!!

I was blessed enough to photograph my sister's wedding, we were all so thrilled to see her marry Scott, her long time love. They are such a beautiful couple, very non-conventional, they do things the way that works for them and in a very lovely manner.
The wedding was a family event for sure, every part was played by family or practically family, from the priest to the florist (and even the photographer!) :)

Their rings:


I thought this was a fun way to display the beautiful shoes:




Dress details:

The couple memorized their vows for the ceremony and I caught Scott as he took one last minute to remind himself of the wording.

One of our beautiful nieces who was a great flowergirl!

Our sweet nephew, getting ready with the men.

Mother of the groom helping Denise get her makeup done.

Another sister of the bride prepared the bouquets and this one was gorgeous! I just loved the fall leaves outside and how great they looked with the bouquet.

Final touches.....


The groom getting his first look at his beautiful bride!






































Bride and bridesmaid, two of my gorgeous sisters!!!


The sweet flowergirls!!!




Father of the bride proudly bringing his daughter up the aisle.




Fantastic musicians!

Father Ron, the brother of our sister's husband. So practically family, right?


Both sets of parents, emotion pouring out, and helping with the flower girls.


I loved this shot....look closely at the groom in the top right, it looks to me that he's making sure his mom is doing all right.







I thought the flowergirls were just so adorable, but I'm biased, I'm sure!

The first kiss!!!!



The only photo the couple actually requested.....I thought this was a fabulous idea! We gathered up every person present at the wedding and captured a shot of everyone all together, so unique!



I wish you both every blessing in your life together, I know you will take great care of each other. I love you.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Jen! So beautiful! I love the looks you captured! I was even there and I'm just amazed at how good everthing looks through your lens! :) I love the one with them both under her veil, and the headless one in front of the church, and of course the little girls doing backbends over the pew! Oh, I love them all. Wonderful wonderful wonderful. It doesn't hurt to have beautiful subjects, but your work is just awesome!

lyonsaw said...

Absolutely fantastic, Jen! These are beautiful and really capture the spirit of the day.
-----Al Lyons

Anonymous said...

Jen, you truly have a gift! The words beautiful and awesome simply cannot capture the essence of these shots. What a gift for Scott & Denise to cherish. . .and the rest of us as well. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Jen, these are GREAT! You did a fantastic job, way to go! :)

Rachel Noah said...

Awesome Job Jen. So great! Funny about the photo of everyone in attendance. That is VERY British. My parents have a similar photo.

:)

Anonymous said...

fabulous photos! Love all the detail shots and the last one is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Jen, those are beautiful!