Friday, October 10, 2008

C and his best friend

C was a great senior guy I shot this week. We were over on Sauvie Island, and had a great time just driving around, spontaniously stopping when we saw cool locations. I love that kind of shoot, so similar to doing a walk and shoot downtown. It's great to just wander a bit and find where the magical light is that day.



We decided on Sauvie Island because it really had meaning to C. He is out there often to train his sweet dog "Sooner". Sooner is a hunting dog and was thrilled to run around for us, he had no fear, busting through 5-ft tall grasses. We joked that it reminded us of the monster on that show "Lost", a mysterious creature you can't see coming at you through the grass and forests.
It's obvious how much C loves this sweet dog!
Ok, so I did guide him on posing, but he was a natural.
This was the funniest....you should've seen the looks on the faces of drivers as we grabbed the chair and ran off the street to let them pass. We got a few laughs for sure! :)


I adored the golden light here!



It's a lovely surprise to find these little pockets of perfection.


Thanks so much, C, this was fun!

17 comments:

curtisleefarmer said...

Jen, these are AWESOME. I had to comment after seeing the note about his dog. I had a dog named "Sooner" too! I'm from Oklahoma, so that's where I got the name. And now, we just got a black lab puppy (funny, I know) and named it "Boomer". If he named his dog for the same reason as I did, I'm going to have to meet this guy!

Again, great job on the shots. I love Sauvie and the wonderful scenery there. Great shooting!

umami photography said...

beautiful!!!! What a handsome guy. And awesome locations! I love that pier... beautiful lighting like you said. Lovely job! -heather

Kim Griffith said...

These are all fantastic but #2 is just amazing! I love the color!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the chair on the road shot - so masculine. Perfect! ++

Anonymous said...

He is so handsome!! Great job! That one of him in the field is STUNNING!!! ++

Anonymous said...

What a handsome fella! These are great, and he's got gorgeous eyes! He looks like he had a blast taking these ++

Anonymous said...

Love your compositions, lighting, really everything about these!!! He sure is handsome! Great job!

Anonymous said...

These pics are gorgeous. Your creativity with the different backgrounds like shooting on the road and the lighting/colors just amazing! He's got great eyes too!

Anonymous said...

These are great! Love them... very cool! ++

Moments By Shonda Photography said...

Nice work on these! The chair in the road is very cool!

Healing My Family said...

Very nice! He is a natural. I absolutely love your processing. Some of these pics look like they belog in a magazine or something.

Cindy said...

What an awesome session- seriously can't pick a fave! Handsome young man, too!;)

Brianne said...

WOW, these rock! I was gonna say #2 was my fave, but I love all of them!

Rebecca Knowles Photography said...

These are gorgeous Jen! You did an incredible job. The locations are perfect.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic and FUN! What rad eyes he has!

Unknown said...

Wow.. these are stunning. They are all just incredible! Great use of light!++

off to snoop some more on your blog.

Jodie

Donna Beard said...

These are gorgeous Jen - I love the one in the woods... just amazing!